An essential component of digital marketing is Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
When you take the time to create great, high-quality content, it’s only good for your business. Understanding how search engine results pages (SERPs) work is key to a successful digital marketing strategy.
There’s a lot of expertise available around SEO, but it’s important to note that Google’s algorithms change all the time. SEO professionals must work constantly to understand how to better optimize websites for maximum SEO. Although SEO tactics change constantly, some common SEO mistakes don’t ever seem to go away.
Make sure your franchise business isn’t making one of these 5 common SEO mistakes.
1. Paying for spam links. It was once common practice for businesses to generate unnatural links in order to boost SERPs. Google’s algorithms now take this deceptive trick into account, so don’t take the easy way out or you’ll wind up paying for it doubly.
2. Duplicate content. Be sure the franchise content you create is original. Yes, it’s more work, but Google punishes sites pretty severely when they plagiarize content.
3. Overuse of keywords. True, keywords are helpful in getting Google to understand what needs your website meets, but if your keyword density is too high, your content comes across as spam.
4. Posting content with too many mistakes. Content containing errors in grammar and spelling isn’t high quality, and Google knows it. Be sure your content is error-free before you publish.
5. Content without focus. Not using keywords at all is just as bad if not worse than using too many. Be sure your content focuses on at least one topic or keyword in order to boost your SEO. Without carefully selected keywords, you’ll never come up in Google’s search results.